THE AWAKENED LEADER
- To support individuals as they experience leadership as a classroom for their soul’s evolution
- To support those wishing to work toward becoming a Stage Five leader
- To support those already in Stage Five who wish to strengthen their leadership
- To integrate knowledge and experience concerning the leader-group relationship by strengthening the awareness that leadership at all times is a path of service to one’s soul
- To view leadership experiences through the eyes of soul development and soul lessons
- To experience leadership as an equal partnership between the leader and group; this partnership supports the emergence of each other’s higher potential into a joint masterpiece
- To practice leadership as a dynamic relationship between inner work and competence/confidence
- To acquire practical leadership skills that enhance the leader-group relationship
To lead well is a soul matter.
~ , The Awakened Leader
MAKING THE DECISION
Do you view leadership as a way to find meaning and purpose in your life? Are you disillusioned that your leadership is not having the result you wish it would have? Are you experiencing overwhelm, exhaustion, or a lack of joy in your leadership? Are you questioning whether you have the inner strength to face challenges within a group? Do you feel you lack the leadership skills needed in our crisis-filled world? Are you searching for a spiritual approach to your leadership?
Ask yourself if now is the time to devote yourself to beginning (or deepening) your spiritual journey of leadership. Using a holographic philosophical framework, The Awakened Leader Study Program addresses these topics: leadership as destiny, soul development of the leader, the leader’s shadow, soul lessons of the leader, healthy boundaries and integrity of the leader, founder’s syndrome from a soul perspective, dangers and beneficent protection of leaders, and women leaders.
The Awakened Leader Study Program consists of four lessons of study. You will work with one lesson each month, allowing time to integrate its teaching at a gradual pace. As part of making your decision to enroll, carefully read the program requirements and time commitments listed below.
FOUR-MONTH STUDY PROGRAM
For optimal use of the study program material, be willing to acknowledge unrealized potential in yourself and to recognize projection, denial, and neglect in your own and others’ leadership. When you know that a reservoir of creativity and psychological and spiritual strength lies hidden within you, you can safely commit to improving the quality of your inner state and thus the quality of your service. You can experience service as a joyful presence in your life.
- Seeds of your leadership history and destiny
- The Michelangelo metaphor of leadership as service
- Inner Leader and Group Soul alignments
- Seven stages of soul evolution for leaders and groups
- Stage Five leader-group partnerships during the Piscean-Aquarian transition
- Five soul lessons of leaders
- External and internal dangers of leadership
- Founder’s syndrome from a soul perspective
- Feminine and masculine principles in leadership
- Implementing a philosophical framework and supportive structures
- Application of Universal Tributes to leaders and groups
- Psychological and spiritual support tools for the leader
- Follow the designated study steps and complete reading and worksheet assignments for each lesson
- Send completed designated worksheets to faculty member for discussion
- Apply material in current leadership and group settings
- Work with designated Universal Tributes and their tenets
- Discuss completed assignments and handouts in 60 to 90-minute monthly phone calls with your assigned faculty member, plus additional contact by email as needed
- Complete the above according to the designated schedule
- Attend a Leadership Mastery Training at the Institute for the Advancement of Service
Leadership is . . . inspiring and creative, challenging and dangerous, and at all times a path of service to one's soul.
~ Susan S. Trout, PhD, The Awakened Leader
- Prior to enrolling in The Awakened Leader Study Program, applicants are required to have completed the Born to Serve Study Program.
- Interested person is emailed course description or asked to read it online.
- Person registers if wishes to enroll by calling 703-706-5333 OR emailing email@example.com.
- Student is provided with Table of Contents and the first lesson and asked to review them before orientation phone call or meeting.
- Phone or in-person orientation to review assignments and handouts for the first month and set a starting date, as well as dates and times for the following phone calls*:
- A half-hour “check-in” phone call from your assigned faculty member to address any questions you may have will take place two weeks after you have started the first lesson.
- A 60 to 90 minute phone call made by you to your faculty member will take place at the end of each month to review the assignments and experience with the material for that month. Your faculty member will send you an email that explains the focus of these phone calls.
* Student is invited to contact the faculty member during the month via email or phone if s/he has difficulty working with the materials and needs support.
Course Tuition: $600
Fee Policy: Course paid in full at registration. Full refund if you withdraw within three days. Course fee is nonrefundable after three days. Participant makes and pays for monthly phone calls.
Reference: Susan S. Trout, PhD, The Awakened Leader: Leadership as a Classroom of the Soul. Alexandria, VA: Three Roses Press, ©2005.
Disclaimer: The Institute for the Advancement of Service does not provide medical or mental health care. As such, website courses and study programs are not intended to be psychotherapy, medical therapy, or a substitute for either one. Participants are required to assume self-responsibility for their wellbeing by seeking, when appropriate, psychological and medical professional care.