Purpose: To align with the Soul, the spiritual principle and the guiding light toward which the human soul is consciously or unconsciously evolving. The Soul’s function is to protect, guide, teach, and inspire.
Introduction: The human soul (lower case “s”) is located in the heart. Each individual’s Soul (capital “S”), or Higher Self, is located about eight inches above the head. By aligning your Soul to Divine Source and connecting through your heart (or “human soul”) to the heart of Mother of the Earth, you are taking the first step on your healing journey.
When to Align: Aligning with your Soul can be done at any time. Doing so is especially helpful at the beginning of the day or before any activity in which you wish to have support and guidance. The Soul Alignment can also be used when you are feeling upset or “off-center,” or anytime you would like to be in a state of balance.
Directions: Sit in a comfortable position when doing the alignment and in a quiet place where you will not be interrupted. Pause at least 10 seconds between each step. (You may find it helpful to record these instructions so that you can close your eyes and avoid distraction.)
The Soul’s function is to protect, guide, teach,
- Take a deep breath to calm your physical body (pause).
- Take a deep breath to calm your emotional body (pause).
- Take a deep breath to calm your mental body (pause).
- Focus your awareness in your heart.
- Visualize a line of energy extending from your heart down to the heart of Mother of the Earth.
- Visualize a line of energy from your heart to your Soul located above your head.
- Visualize the energy extending from your Soul to Divine Source.
- Sit in silence and meditate as you hold this alignment from the heart of Mother of the Earth to Divine Source. See the energy of Source moving down the alignment to the heart of Mother of the Earth and then back again to Source, creating a circuit of energy carrying Divine Will to all levels of manifestation. (You may either sit in silence for a few moments or meditate for 15-20 minutes.)
- Chant 3 OMs.
Reference: Adapted from © Susan S. Trout. The Clarion Call: Leadership and Group Life in the Aquarian Era. Alexandria, VA: Three Roses Press, 2009, pages 306-307.)
Disclaimer: The Institute for the Advancement of Service does not provide medical or mental health care. As such, website teachings, practices, courses and study programs are not intended to be psychotherapy, medical therapy, or a substitute for either one. Participants are required to assume self-responsibility for their wellbeing by seeking, when appropriate, psychological and medical professional care.